Friday, March 12, 2010

Questions Presented to Dr. Reddy and His Answers:

Q. I heard on the radio that there is a test called A1C for diabetics and it will give indications to show the patients the likelihood of heart attack.  Could you explain to this please (from M.S., Sugar Land, TX)


 

A. Yes. The answers can be found in article I wrote earlier in great detail about HbA1C (Hemoglobin A1C). HbA1C and A1C are the same. The article is listed on this blog itself.


 

Q. I have blood pressure of 105/70.  I do not have any other medical problems that I am aware. Could you please write a series on blood pressure? Which is the most reliable, convenient and affordable blood pressure monitoring system that I can purchase for home use? (from K.A., Dallas,TX.)


 

A. I will be doing a series on blood pressure in the next couple of weeks where I will discuss issures pertaining to blood pressure in detail. Please stay tooned.


 

Q. I am 50 and my Cholesterol is 145 and HDL is above the recommended numbers.  I have done my annual cardiac test including stress test and is normal.  Ultrasound indicates minor plaque formation on the neck artery and I am taking "Crestor".  I get minor chest pain, sometimes on the right and other times on the left, but will go away in a minute or so.. (not severe).  Is this something needs to be worried? Please advise (from E.R. White Plains)


 

A. If the chest pain comes and goes and is mostly on the right side, lasts only a few seconds to a minute, is usually sharp or dull in nature and not associated with any difficulty in breathing, and does appear upon exertion, then ignore the symptom. I will be starting a article on cholesterol and the best way to reverse plaque. Please stay toned.


 

Q. I am lactose intolerant, but can take yogurt.  Is there any other milk product that is lactose free? (from M.G, Dallas, TX)


 

A. If you are lactose intolerant, you can have soy or almond milk, but be sure to choose the unsweetened milk.


 

Q. I read that you recommend using avocados.  But recently heard that the "Mexican" avocados contain a poisonous chemical and is not ideal.  I noticed that there are some small avocados available too.  Is one avocado better than other? (from S.R., Philadelphia)


 

A. I am currently not aware of any poisonous chemicals being used in avocados. There is no big difference in the nutritional quality between different avocados. I personally think the smaller ones taste better. Avocados, I think, taste even better when eaten with Dr Reddy's Pitas or Tortillas (Roti).

No comments:

Post a Comment